Sunday, November 18, 2007

I made it to the finish line!!!

Well, I have made it to Sunday night, and almost everything on my to-do list has been accomplished! I accomplished every thing on my list, except switching out my closet, but that was literally on the bottom of my list. I also managed to sneak in a little extra cooking-pizza and spaghetti-that wasn't on the agenda.


I had a very successful time at Gottshalk's and found two really cute tops that will go great with either jeans or dress pants. I was unable to find a pair of dress pants that I was looking for, but that's alright. Nick and I also went into Target yesterday, as he wanted to pick out a pair of new sunglasses. Thirty minutes later, we came out with a new pair and some new jewelry for me.


Last night, I was longing for a White Russian, but we didn't have any of the ingredients, so I went to Ralph's and purchased one of the pre-mixed bottles with the alcohol already in it. It wasn't too bad-but the original is definitely better. While I was there, I picked up Sierra Mist's cranberry splash, that is only available during the holidays. It is soooooooooo yummy.


Today we did some shopping at K-Mart in Mission Grove (another neighborhood near to us) while the car was getting an oil change. Neither one of us had been in a K-Mart for a long time, so it was fun to look around in there. This afternoon, we were able to slip away to Starbucks for an iced raspberry mocha frappucino. So good!


I am really happy with my results of my cooking. I think the apple pie has turned out the best ever (at least appearance wise). Everything went smoothly and I didn't have to re-do anything, which is always great. Now, I am confidant in starting the week-especially since it is such a short one! We will be heading up to Fresno on Thursday morning, most likely, as I have to work until 7 on Wednesday. We will have a nice 4 day weekend up there, which is badly needed!


I'm hoping this week will be as nice as last. We had beautiful blue skies, clean air, and temps in the low to mid 80s. Let's hope that the 70s (at least) will hold on!!! This is the type of weather that is the pay-off for putting up for all of the other inconveniences that southern California has!
Thinking of everybody else back in the cold Midwest! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: