Sunday, November 11, 2007

A Calm Weekend

After a hectic week at work, we have had a very relaxing weekend, which translates into doing nothing. Friday evening, we went out to eat at Mimi's Cafe, which is a favorite of mine, but Nick didn't remember eating there in the past. I had a great chicken cordon blue, which was very filling, but Nick was less than thrilled with his food. It was still nice to get out and have a nice meal.

Saturday we got up to watch the Iowa vs. Minnesota game-civil war in our household. Since Minnesota's record has been less than stellar and they have the worst defense in college football, I wasn't too optimistic. The game turned out to be 21-16, in favor of the Hawks, which wasn't so bad. It is good for the Hawks, as they will probably go to a bowl game, which is always exciting.

After the game, we decided we would try going to the grocery store on Saturday afternoon (instead of Sunday morning), as last Sunday, it was really busy and there were hardly any cashiers. We went and, of course, it was busy, but when it came check-out time, we sailed out of there, as there were more cashiers working. So, it was a nice surprise. After being home for a while, I headed to Kohl's to find a possible new outfit, as I haven't bought anything new in at least 6 months, since I wear a uniform to work. I was severely disappointed, but I did find some nice towels on sale for a good price, which was worth the trip. We had a laid back dinner of leftovers and watched "Frida" with Selma Hayek, which was good, but not great. A very interesting story though.

Today has been extremely low key. I have been hanging around all day working on some work paperwork, watching TV, and working on my paint-by-numbers painting. No big activities planned for the rest of the day. One thing that we will do is watch the Youtube version of last week's episode of the Amazing Race, as we we just found out today that it was back on the air. I can't believe CBS doesn't have their episodes on their website-come on! Get with the times!

The upcoming week promises to be a busy one for me at work, but the end is in sight, as we only have a 3 day week next week. I can handle that!!!! We will be heading up to Fresno for Thanksgiving, but we're not sure when we're leaving, as I have to work until 7 pm Wednesday night. We're looking forward to seeing Nick's parents and getting out of Riverside for a weekend!

Happy Veteran's' Day everyone!

No comments: