Sunday, October 28, 2007

Closing up October


We have had a pretty nice weekend here in Riverside, CA. Yesterday (Saturday), I went out to do some errands in the morning and came back to see Nick had transformed our living room into a campsite (see photo). I'm not sure what made him decide to do this, but he said he wanted to vacuum it out for when we decided to use it. Well, we definitely accomplished getting it clean, but I'm not sure when we'll be using it. We'll see! We also took in the exciting Iowa game, which ended up being a win for the Hawks, which was exciting for us out here in CA. We got about 10 seconds of rain yesterday, which was exciting, but unfortunately, didn't last. We ate dinner at Qdoba, my second favorite high end fast food (Chipotle is still my first, but Qdoba is closer to our place) and went to Cost Plus World Market to buy a basket for the living room. We then watched the end of Game 3 of the World Series.
Today, we have just completed the usual: Wal-Mart, WinCo (groceries), and Starbucks (iced frappucinos). Nick has also completed our laundry, so I suppose I will have to get folding! I also need to clean the toilets (so fun). Today we actually can see blue sky, which is a nice change. It is really warm out-probably a high of 90 degrees. We still can see the smoke from the north especially, but it sounds like things are getting under control. That's about it from CA for this weekend...thanks for checking in!

No comments: