Monday, January 7, 2008

Catch Up

I'm sorry that I've been so bad about updating my blog this new year, but I will do one quick post now for a catch up.
We had a wonderful Christmas here with my parents. I worked half a day and then we ran around getting various food items and encountered crazy lines at Albertson's. We had passakorf for dinner (a Glad family tradition) and went to Christmas Eve services at a church over by Nick's work. It was a strange little church-I doubt we'll return there next Christmas. We returned home and opened presents. Among several other gifts, my favorite was the Flip-Flop vacuum from Nick for our tile floors. One side works as a hard floor vacuum and the other will work as a wet vac. We'll see how well it works!
Christmas Day we had a lovely turkey dinner and just laid low. It was relaxing.
We worked the remainder of the work week, taking my parents to the airport in Palm Springs on Thursday. We laid low that weekend.
New Year's Eve day I had half the day off, which ended up being a beautiful California Day. It was sunny and close to 70. I took a long walk around the neighborhood and enjoyed the nice weather. New Year's Day we both laid low and didn't do anything of import.
The remainder of last week was busy at work, as usual.
This past weekend, we were able to get together with Nick's roommate from college, Josh, and his girlfriend Erin. They currently live in Chino Hills, which isn't too far away, but will be moving to Riverside in 2 weeks. We are really excited to have them much closer and looking forward to having fun with actual friends (that is, when we're not too busy or tired).
The other thing that I have been working in the past week or so has been a couple of baby quilts. It has been really fun. It has been nice using the sewing machine, as my mom "fixed" it when she was out here. I have had a blast and almost have 2 done, with another on the way!
This week finally returns to normal, at least for me. I was able to get back to my normal schedule of going to the gym before work. It's been so long that I've been there (2 weeks) that I really felt completely out of shape. Work wasn't too bad today, hopefully a good sign for the week ahead! Nick is driving into LA 2 days this week for a computer class, so I am sure he will be even happier he doesn't make that commute daily than he already is.
We're thinking of taking a few days off to do a small vacation, as I have been so busy at work. My partner will be taking 3 weeks off in February for paternity leave. It will leave me pretty swamped, so I would like to get some R&R in ASAP!
That's' all for now!

No comments: