Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Beautiful Week in January

Although I don't have much to share this week, I thought I would still post. Our first full week at work for quite some time was a welcome return to normalcy. I was able to get to the gym (which kicked my butt Monday morning-after only 2 weeks!) and return to a more sane work schedule. My boss returned from her vacation and decided I had been working too hard and has been very nice by making my schedule easier and giving me an assistant for Fridays. We'll see how long it lasts.
Nick enjoyed his class with some co-workers in Los Alamitos this week, which was about a 1 hour and 15 minutes drive from their office, which isn't bad at all. He has also been keeping busy keeping up with all their work vehicles, which he is in charge of, at least at his building.
Today, and most of the week, we have had beautiful temperatures in the high 60s and low 70s. I was walking around doing some shopping today and really enjoyed not having to wear at coat in January. We have some beautiful views of 3 mountains in the distance, all capped with snow, from last week's storms. The park nearby and the close "low mountains" are starting to green up, which is really fun to see. It truly is a beautiful time here in Riverside.
Tomorrow, we are heading to the coast to the area around La Jolla, north of San Diego to do some hiking. We are hoping to see some whales, as they are migrating at this time of the year. It is supposed to be 71 at the coast and sunny, so it will be a nice time. I will try and post some photos.
We would like to take a vacation (4-5 days) to somewhere warm, but when we checked the places we would go, the highs are only in the high 70s, which really doesn't seem that warm from our perspective, as it is only 10-15 degrees warmer than here (less on days like these). It's funny how a perspective can change so quickly.
Have a wonderful week everybody and enjoy tackling your taxes as the papers start to roll in. I know Nick can't wait!

No comments: