Monday, December 3, 2007

Winter is here!

This past week went by fairly quickly and by the time we realized it, it was Friday. Friday we had a full day of pouring down rain. We haven't seen that much rain since we moved here. We got over 2.3 inches of rain, which was much needed. Anyway, it was real cool out and it was hard to do anything except be inside. We did venture out to Qdoba and Target in the evening, and watched a movie before going to bed.

Saturday we went up to Rancho Cucamonga, as Nick wanted to look at some things at REI. While we were there, I went over to the Guitar Center to check out digital pianos. I'm not really looking to buy one now, but probably after we move into a larger space. We had lunch at Johnny Carrino's, an Italian place that had been recommended to me by a few patients. It was pretty good and the prices were decent. When we came home, I dashed out to get a quick haircut and then check out Kohl's for some Christmas gifts, but didn't have much luck with the gift end of things. Saturday evening, we stayed in and watched another movie.


Sunday, we did our normal errands and I made some spritz cookies. They turned out really good, but I froze them to save them for Christmas. I did a bunch of charts, and hardly made a dent in my pile at work, but every bit helps. I wanted to get some cut-outs done, but I ran out of time.


This week is going to fly by too. We are only working a half day on Tuesday, as our Christmas party is in the evening (don't even get me started on why it is like this). I plan on doing some Christmas shopping and doing the cut-out cookies. The party is not until six, so I think I will be able to get it all done. I am going to put some pictures of our tree and of our nativity set up, so everyone can get a taste of our small Christmas set-up here. Thanks to the Rice's for adding to our nativity set again this year!



Christmas tree in the daylight in our bronze and gold theme.


The nativity set.

2 comments:

Desi and Matt said...

I like your Willow Tree nativity. My parents-in-law bought my sister-in-law a Willow Tree set the same year they bought me my Isabel Bloom set.
~Desi

Kristi said...

Yeah, I like it too. We wern't even going to have nativity set, but the Rices gave us the started set last year and this year they gave us the 3 wisemen. It goes well with teh willow tree angel you gave me for graduation!