Sunday, December 16, 2007

Can you see the sparkle?

This weekend has been a very low key one, not a whole lot going on, but a TON of cleaning here at home! I think everyone should be seeing the sparkle, no matter where they are! Forget Christmas lights!
Saturday, Nick and I went our separate ways to do some errands. We both had a few errands to do for Christmas shopping for the other person. Nick was gone for some time and brought home some presents that he immediately wrapped for me. He even told me that there was one more he was keeping at his office....hmmmmmm. After he returned home, I tackled the job of cleaning the guest bathroom. Not a bad job you would think, since we rarely use it. Wrong. I had a little incident with my paraffin kit a couple months ago in the tub and never cleaned it up. So, I spent a good part of yesterday afternoon cleaning paraffin wax from the bottom of the tub. Real fun-but the majority of it is gone. We had a nice dinner at Chipotle and even found some single serving Sierra Mist Cranberry! I can't seem to find either the 2 Liter bottles or 12 pack cans anywhere! So, I bought 4 of the little bottles-that will last me at least 8 servings. So, that's pretty good.
Today, after our normal Sunday morning errands, we tackled cleaning the rest of the apartment. We have been very lazy on this subject knowing that we would have to do a deep clean right before Christmas, so it was a task. We worked together really well and everything looks really nice. Only a few finishing touches that will have to be done Wednesday night before we pick up my parents. Everything looks really nice and organized (vs. cluttered). I also transplanted 3 of my cactus plants into a smaller pot. I had all of my cacti and succulents in one huge pot, but the succulent has grown so much, it was pushing the 3 cacti out. So, I attempted to transplant these 3 guys without gloves-ouch! I got it done, but we'll see if they make it. It was nice to be outside on the porch and enjoy the cool day (in the 60s).
Tonight, I may attempt to re-make some cereal cookies. I made them yesterday with white chocolate chips vs. vanilla almond bark, as that was all I could find. Although they turned out well, they are a little rich. So, I found some vanilla almond bark today and will try another batch.
I also have some charts to finish. We were busy at work this week, as always. I had 6-7 people there at one time slot, so that was pretty crazy. This week, we are getting some people in to help out with some evals, but I'm not sure where those new patients are going to go to get treated. My boss said she doesn't want me seeing more than 3 people an hour, but we need to get people in. I am really hoping that they will hire another assistant after the new year. We really need the help in my part of the clinic. They had laid off the second assistant in September, but she got tired of waiting and got a new job-I can't say I blame her. Anyway, we sure could use the extra help.
Anyway, we are looking forward to a busy and exciting week with the arrival of my parents on Thursday. It is always fun to see them and show them around Riverside. I hope everyone else stays sane before Christmas! Stay warm back in the Midwest!

No comments: