Sunday, May 4, 2008

Amazing weekend


I must say, we have had the most amazing weekend. I really did get quite a bit accomplished (18 evals), which feels good, but we also had a good dose of fun too!
Saturday was Nick's birthday and his wish was to go up to the mountains (Big Bear) and do a day hike up there. So, we did. I started out slow, but it was such a beautiful hike, that it didn't take long to get going. We make it up to the top, which is always a gratifying feeling. Unfortunately, since it was cooler up there (high 60s), it didn't occur to me that I should put sun block on. I got a whopper of a sun burn on my neck and arms and real sexy farmer tan. That will take a good year to go away-especially on my neck! See the pictures below for a real taste of the day. We also got to see a rattle snake, which Nick made rattle by actually poking his walking stick at! It was one mad snake. But, it was neat to see (after we were away from it).

Anyway, last week seemed to go really fast. Nick was gone on Tuesday night, and I had myself a great girl's night! I went shopping after work and came home to make myself a frozen pizza. I ate the whole thing myself-but it was a small one! It was actually really fun to eat and drink and watch AI by myself with no interruptions.
That's about it for this week, and of course, the house news, which you can see below. We are anticipating having the inspections this week, so then after we have those done, we will feel a lot better!!! Have a good week!




No comments: