Sunday, February 24, 2008

Nothing much new

We have had a calm and boring week here. We found out that we did not receive the house we offered on last week, which prompted us to place yet another offer on yet another house. On this particular one, it is a traditional sale, which is nice, as we will know by Tuesday night if we are able to negotiate something out. It sounds like we are the only interested buyers and the house has been on the market for quite some time, so hopefully they will be willing to negotiate a deal with us.
Saturday morning, we did a small hike in the Cleveland National forest east of us by Lake Elsinore, on the border of Riverside and Orange Counties. It was a short hour hike of a couple miles and next to little elevation (I think 350 feet). We would have liked to do a 10 mile hike, but figured we would not due imminent rain. It was a good thing we did just the small hike, as it was raining by the time we got home.
Last night we watched "Dumb and Dumber" on television, which I haven't seen in full for quite some time, and we really enjoyed that. This coming week promises to be sunny and fairly warm in the 70s, which will be nice. I am working 3 extra hours this week and 6 extra hours next week. I will be working extra hours through March, most likely, as my colleague will be taking a full fledged paternity leave of 8 total weeks. I am happy we are able to give him the time off and I don't mind working extra hours, as long as I know there is an end in sight =).
Have a good week everyone! Enjoy the last of February!

No comments: