Friday, August 29, 2008

Busy Week, Long Weekend

This week has been a whirlwind of busy-ness at work (as well as business=)). I didn't count the number of patients I had this week, but it was a lot. There were only a few points where it was extremely crazy, so that is always a good thing. This next week is going to be busy, but I only have one person per line (every 15 minutes on the schedule) vs. 2 and 3 that I had this week. The boss says that this next week is going to be worse than this week, but I think she has given me the support to keep it fairly sane. I have no evals on the schedule for the next week, as we are just needing the wo-man power to treat patients.
The best part of this week was that I got to come home each night to watch the Democratic Convention. Now, those of you who know me well, know that I was loving every minute of it. It was a really fun convention to watch with a lot of enthusiasm. I always think back to Barack Obama's (or as Desi said back then-Brocko Bama-hehe-I still think that is so cute) convention speech in 2004, when I was in PT school, and being so impressed by him. He was unknown to most at the time, but I had actually read some about him before that time. It was at that moment that I told myself that I would vote for him if he ever ran for president. I just didn't think it would be 4 years later! So, much to my mother's dismay, I voted for him and not Hilary in the primary and will do so in the fall. Of course, we loved his speech but a lot of the other addresses were great too. Almost equally exciting as the actual speeches was the analysis on my favorite channel, MSNBC =).
This weekend (tomorrow, Saturday) we are heading up north to Mammoth Country. We will be visiting several mountain sights, waterfalls, lakes and a ghost town. We are meeting Nick's parents there and we should have a good time. We may post some photos from the road!
Have a good and safe Labor Day weekend!

1 comment:

Desi and Matt said...

I had a patient tell me that she was watching all of the convention, and she asked me if I knew anyone as crazy as her. I immediately thought of you! :)

~Desi