Sunday, March 30, 2008

Closing up March

We have had yet another uneventful, but fast, week. Actually, I had a pretty easy week at work. I had a ton of cancels and no-shows, which always seems to happen this time of the year when a lot of people are on spring break. I didn't even have paperwork to bring home! I was so excited. I am sure things will pick up soon. Things are going to start getting stressful again at work, as we simply just have too many referrals from our contracts and not enough people to evaluate, let alone treat. My bosses don't quite see this clearly. Thursday night, I had seven people there at once. I saw my license flash before my eyes as one of my patients tripped, but thank God, didn't fall. If they don't hire another assistant fast, I am really going to have to think about looking for another job, because it just is not worth risking my license.
Friday afternoon after work, we drove to Studio City, to meet Nick's parents before taking them to LAX. It was a fun drive in, as we drove through downtown LA, Hollywood (we saw the sign and the Celebrity Center of Scientology) and finally to Studio City. We ate across the street from where they record American Top 20 with Kasey Kasem and American Top 40 with Ryan Seacrest. No star sightings, I'm afraid, but was still nice. After dropping them off at the airport, we drove our car and theirs back to Riverside in record time. After that, I was pretty beat.
Saturday afternoon, we looked at about 14 houses with our realtor in different areas of Riverside. We saw a few older homes that had some nice charm, but also needed quite a bit of work. We also saw some real dumps as well. We did see one house that we may offer on with a huge backyard, even by Midwest standards. We are going to check to see what kind of activity has been on that house. It's in a really cute neighborhood with nice trees and very established houses. The only downside for me is that it is literally across town from my work, which would be hard to get used to after my 2 minute commute I have now!
Today, we have been hanging out and doing our normal Sunday errands. Nick has tomorrow off, as it is Cesar Chavez day, which is an official state holiday in California. How ridiculous. I, of course, still have to work. I am heading downtown in the morning to hopefully get the MD appointment in that I missed last week. I pushed my 10 am eval to Wednesday at 9:15, so I don't need to be to work to 10:45, which will give me the extra time I need. It's going to be a super busy week (at least on paper). I have 4 patients an hour with treatments, and in some cases, 5-6. This, and about 5 evals a day with corresponding paperwork. I hope that there are a few cancels and no shows! No big plans for the week, but I hope it goes fast and we're very excited that April is here!

No comments: