Saturday, April 24, 2010

Summing up the last month

I apologize for my lack of blogging over the last few weeks (and getting into months).  We haven't been too busy to blog, but I just have not had much I've considered "blog worthy."  I will work backward from today.
This afternoon, I had a very enjoyable afternoon with Erin as we went to downtown Riverside and saw a matinee performance of Hairspray at the new Fox Theater.  It was a very fun performance and it was even more fun to see the renovated theater.  A definite plus for downtown Riverside.  Before the performance, we had a nice outdoor lunch at Bella Tratorria, situated adjacent to the Mission Inn.  It was a nice afternoon.
The last few weekends have not produced anything significant.  We mostly have been trying to do some spring cleaning and yard clean up (tasks I detest).  We also have been gathering plans and supplies for our upcoming trip to Switzerland in June (6 weeks away, but who's counting?).  Airline tickets are bought, hotel reservations made, rail passes are here, and we are as prepared as possible for our trip.  We both have purchased new pieces of carry-on luggage for the trip (as this will be our only luggage), but I'm sure we will be using them quite a lot in the future.
Sierra continues to be a source of joy and humor.  Her latest hobby is "picking up" after Nick and myself, especially upstairs.  This includes underwear, socks, and cleaning rags among other things.  She loves taking them to her "space" and licking them.  It doesn't last long and we take them away (I know-we're so mean).  She also continues to demonstrate an exceptional appetite, eating the peel of a banana a couple of weeks ago (not intentional).
Here are some photos of the last few weeks including a baby blanket I put together for Matt and Desi's little bundle of joy, Ethan.  Hopefully everyone is enjoying spring and the nice weather.  I promise I will be a better blogger!




2 comments:

Sarah said...

That's a really cute coat that Sierra has on :) I love your baby blankets. Wish we were closer so you could give me a lesson on making them . . . and so we could do couples hikes together. It looks like you guys are taking good advantage of your location so keep posting photos please :)

Sarah said...

Yeah, seriously, I agree with Annie. I've checked this like once a week for the last year and nothing. You experience a lot of thing I'd like to hear about. Work? (I suppose you aren't supposed to talk about the funny things that happen at work). CA life? Sewing? and all these books....what are they about?!!