Friday, January 8, 2010

Back by popular demand...

and several inquiries, I have reluctantly started to blog once again...I thought my Facebook account would cover just about everything, but I am told that my posts are missed. It is nice to know that I am not just writing to cyberspace =). I hope everyone is enjoying the new look of the page.
January is my favorite month in southern California, mainly because the weather is so beautiful, and this year has been no exception. We have had mostly sunny days, clear and clean air, and temperatures in the 70s. It doesn't get much better than this.
Nick and I have started a co-ed slow pitch softball league. We play Friday evenings. It is fun to return to a game we played in our youth, but our bodies sure do complain louder than we remember. We both have purchased new cleats (matching in fact), a bat to share and I have purchased a new glove. We have enjoyed just "practicing" with the two of us by playing catch, hitting grounders and pop-ups to each other and hitting soft toss.
Sierra is continuing to be a great pet. She is so sweet and has the best temper. She is quite a lazy dog in the morning if you let her. The other morning, we got up at 6:30 but she didn't get up until 9:30! She continues to love to go for walks and hikes and spend time at the dog park.
This weekend has been busy, but a fun one. Friday night we had our first softball game, which was actually a make-up game from the previous season. The other team refused to really hit the ball and got a lot of walks, which doesn't make for an exciting game. Saturday we took advantage of the beautiful weather and took a hike with Sierra in the Cleveland National Forest. Sunday I am going to go to a bridal expo with our friend Erin in Ontario, as she and Josh finally got engaged! Congratulations you two!
Here are some pictures of our hike this weekend in the San Mateo Canyon Wilderness area in the Cleveland National forest.




1 comment:

Sarah said...

It's down to -30 up in Fairbanks today. Thanks for your warm blog and pretty pictures. I'll keep checking back! To be fair, you can read about the cold and the ups and downs in our lives here: http://arcticmotherhood.blogspot.com/