Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Nothing much to say...

I thought I'd write a quick post to tell everyone we are alive. We have been working hard during the week and Nick has been working hard on the tiling project on the weekends. We are so close to done with laying of the tile, I can smell it. All that is left is a large amount of grouting and installing the baseboards. What, oh what, will we do with the weekends when this project is done?
The last few weeks have gone by fairly quickly. My intern is with me from Fresno State. He is doing a great job and keeping up with the fast pace of our clinic nicely. His midterm is already next week, which is hard to believe since he is with us for nine weeks! I spent one week at our smaller office, but was pretty bored. It's hard to believe how fast you get used to running around like a chicken with its head cut off. That same Friday, I met Heather in San Diego and had a really nice morning and lunch catching up. It was a nice girls' morning. It helps that the weather was absolutely breathtaking in San Diego.
My birthday came and went. I'm another year older...times are going fast. We had a nice dinner out as well as a lunch out at work and another dinner out the following weekend with Josh and Erin.
Sierra continues to be a fun and mischievous pet, but I wouldn't trade her for the world. I just love coming home at the end of the day to a cute little smile and a tail wagging wildly. She is an awesome stress reliever.
Next week, I head to Minnesota on the red eye (I know-I said I was never doing it again, and here I am) on Wednesday night to see friends and family and attend Laurel's wedding. I am hoping that the weather is nice and maybe to catch a thunderstorm.
The weather here has not been too horrible. It's in the mid to high 90s in the day with a fair amount of humidity, but it is cooling off very well at night, which is all I can ask. It's still hard to believe that we likely will have two more months of summer. Kind of like Groundhog's Day in the winter. I wonder what the summer groundhog would be?
That's about it for this week. I will post again with something more to say and pictures to boot! Enjoy the rest of summer! College football season is SO CLOSE!

No comments: