Sunday, November 30, 2008

A great Thanksgiving


We made it through our first Thanksgiving in our home. We were joined by Nick's parents, Barb and Mike, from Fresno and Josh and Erin from here in Riverside. The actual meal was really good and we had a really nice time with everyone.
The early part of the week was a bit more trying. The whole preceding weekend, I was baking, cooking and cleaning, which gave the week a slow start. Then, I worked Monday through Wednesday 8-7, though a bit unecessarily. After coming home from work and eating, I proceeded to cook and clean more. Oh yeah-and on top of all of this, Sierra had massive diarhea making us get up numerous time in the night for checks and bathroom breaks, and clean-up, if needed. So, by the time Thursday got here, we both were dead tired. Sierra is doing much better now. We think she picked something up the weekend before at the clinic when she was spayed.
Friday I picked up a new Christmas tree at Lowe's and made a trip to Michael's with Barb. We also went downtown Riverside and walked around the Mission Inn and downtown area. We also had a tour of Nick's work. Saturday we did more of the same and went out to eat at BJs. Today, I have been taking it easy and putting up some Christmas decorations.
I can't believe it's only 3.5 weeks until Christmas! I have done zero gift shopping, so I have a feeling everyone will be getting gift certificates and/or online gifts! I also will be doing some Christmas baking, but not as much as usual, as we are going to be in Fresno.
I hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Desi and Matt said...

The tree looks great! Christmas will be here before we know it. Better get some shopping done. ;)